Thursday, January 20, 2011

Infinity? No, It's Infinitea

After a busy morning on Monday my friend and me decided to meet for lunch. We chose to go to my friend's favorite place. I heard a lot about this place but had never been there before. Infinitea (I guess the name makes it obvious about tea) was the place and you can't see much of the place from outside except for the huge glass window in front.

As you enter it looks like any other restaurant. But as my friend said, the place grows on you and it didn't take much time for me to like the place. Infinitea gave me the feeling of sitting in a ranch in the Californian country(I might be wrong?). The wooden shelves with crockery, framed black & white photographs(as simple as a kettle breaking) and quirky posters adorning the bright walls, or the whole place being lit primarily by sunlight through the big glass window(I liked the old lamp shades too, rather simple but artistic) proved a relaxing and fantastic place for a long afternoon spent talking with a pretty girl(of course our conversion made me lose track of time too...). 

Setup by Gaurav Saria with the backing of a tea industry(Darjeeling and Bengal) of more than a hundred years, the menu features over 50 different kinds of teas(both hot and cold; with and without milk), and each comes with a little descriptor that tells you about the brew. About 27 of these entries are dedicated only to the iced tea variety where the flavors range from the usual Lemon and Peach to the more exotic Blue Curacao and Butter Scotch. Also, the coasters come with interesting snippets about tea.

Though being Gaurav Saria's first tea room, Infinitea serves, probably, among the best Pasta that I have eaten. And frankly, the quantity can fill your tummy for good! The food  was good and alongside our dishes was a generous basket of garlic bread, which was delicious(not the same kind you get in Pizza Hut, etc). The food reminded me of the spaghetti and pasta I had in Valmozzola (Italy) - ample quantity, mouth-watering aroma, heavenly taste and lots of bread!

Quite unfortunate that I couldn't try any variety of the different teas from their menu(next time for sure) but there is definitely magic at this place. Had a wonderful and delightful afternoon after a long time and was a welcome break from all the fast food that is popular now... 

Oh! By the way, Infinitea is on Cunningham Road, Bangalore. Try it if you haven't yet...

Warning: The prices are a slight bit on the higher side...but the food justifies it. YUUMMM!

No comments: